Drivers’ Response in Emergency Situations
- The science of driver behavior can be complex in that drivers respond differently when facing different environments and driving scenarios.
- This quick reference guide is designed to give the reader the power to quickly access decades of research in easy to read charts and figures.
- Readers will advance their ability to succeed in court when their knowledge of human factors is challenged.
- This quick reference guide will improve the scientific basis for your opinions and offers information related to the following topics:
• Nighttime recognition distance
• Perception response times
• Swerving / lateral acceleration
• Pedestrian walking and running speeds
• Speed choice